St. Marine Church, Ashtarak, Armenia
St. Marine church is located in Ashtarak town and was built in 1281 from brownish black smooth face tufa stone. The church is a cruciform central-plan from inside and rectangular from exterior (11.45 X 8.88 meters) and drum of the dome is round from inside, decahedral from the outside. A belfry attached to the southern wing was erected in 1838. On the south facade a solar clock is preserved. St. Marine church is striking the eye with emphasized rising shapes, with the elegance of its drum and tall dome.