Find On MapFind On Map - Photo Gallery (9)

CII - Sohrabji Godrej Green Business Centre, Hyderabad, India

What is the LEED Certification?

In 2003, the Sohrabji Godrej Green Business Centre of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) achieved LEED Platinum certification, thus becoming the first building in India with Platinum Rating (56 points) and third in the world. The building provides qualified services in energy efficiency, renewable energy, water efficiency, material recycling, etc. The project is a unique and successful model of public-private partnership between the Government of Andhra Pradesh, Pirojsha Godrej Foundation, and the CII. Designed by Karan Grover, it occupies 1021 square meters floor space (11,000 square feet). 60% of the roof consists of native plants, while the photovoltaic solar panels occupy the remaining 40%. Wastewater is filtered and then used in low-flush toilets and urinals. Though the main purpose of the company is to help industries in achieving a high level in energy efficiency, it also organizes audits for water consumption. The two wind towers help to save more energy. Overall energy consumption is reduced by 35%. The facility also encourages its visitors to use alternative ways of transportation, namely bicycles. The office building is a unique mixture of traditional principles of design with modern style of architecture. Indoor air quality is carefully monitored. 80% of building materials is local and recycled. One of the main goals of the architects was not to tamper with the ecology of the site. CO2 emissions are cut down by 100 tons a year.

By Astghik Atabekyan,



Browse Buildings (519) : # A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z